Win an All-Expenses Paid Trip to the National Foundation for Women Legislators 2014 Conference.
The National Foundation for Women Legislators (NFWL) and the Alice Paul Institute (API) are offering six New Jersey female high school students the chance to win an all-expense-paid trip to NFWL’s 2014 Annual Conference at The Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Philadelphia, PA, November 19–22, 2014. Applications are due on October 31, 2014.
To be eligible for this contest you must:
- Be a New Jersey female high-school student in 10th, 11th, or 12th grade.
- Be available to attend the entire conference in Philadelphia, November 19-22, 2014.
- Find a New Jersey woman who serves in an elected office (at the municipal, county or state level) who will attend the entire conference with you as your sponsor. NFWL has already informed New Jersey elected women about this contest, so they are waiting to be contacted by you.
All travel and lodging expenses for the Annual Conference will be paid for by the National Foundation for Women Legislators for both winning students and their sponsoring legislators.
If you need help completing the application or contacting an elected woman official, please contact the NFWL office for assistance by calling 703-518-7931. If you need help with the online form, please call the API office at 856-231-1885.
Complete applications must include:
- One (1) completed Essay Contest Verification form, including contact information for one (1) sponsoring female elected official
- One (1) completed Essay Contest Personal Response
- One (1) personal reference letter from a teacher or guidance counselor or adult in the community who knows you well and can tell us why you are a good candidate to attend the conference.
Complete the online application (below), with attached documents, and click submit.
Download the printer-friendly version of the application, fill it out, and mail it to Alice Paul Institute, P.O. Box 1376, Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054. Applications must be postmarked October 31, 2014.