The Alice Paul Institute offers a wide range of ways for people to become involved and help us advance our mission through joining the staff, internships, or volunteering. Rooted in a deep belief in equality for all, API is dedicated to intersectional feminism to ensure our work is informed by a rich diversity of perspectives and experiences.
In the past year, the Alice Paul Institute has moved a majority of our work to a virtual space. This has changed our volunteer opportunities. We are currently reworking our volunteer program to our adapting needs. If you are interested in volunteer, please fill out the form to receive an email from Operations Director Colleen Tryner, email@example.com.
API welcomes student interns to participate in a variety of internships and projects, which are outlined below. If you are interested in an internship with API, you will need to submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample (optional). We offer semester-long internships in the Spring, Summer, and Fall.
API uses various software programs depending on the internship. Interns without experience in these software platforms will be trained:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
- Adobe Creative Suite
If you are interested in an internship with API, fill out the adjacent form and submit your cover letter, resume, and a writing sample (optional). Indicate which internship interests you and the semester (Spring/Summer/Fall) you would like to serve your internship.
Learn more about our internship programs below.
API Heritage Programs tell Alice Paul’s story through tours of Paulsdale, public presentations on Alice Paul’s life and work, and projects in the Alice Paul Archives.
- Serve as a Museum Assistant during a portion of our open hours.
- Research history related to API’s core mission.
- Scan photos and articles from the Barbara Haney Irvine Library.
- Use the archives for online posts.
- Other research and projects as identified and designed by the staff at API.
Marketing & Public Relations
- Enriching API’s social media presence.
- Assisting with social media campaigns.
- Drafting copy for website development, blog posts, and press releases.
- Drafting and designing publicity materials for digital, print, radio, and television media outlets.
- Taking and editing photographs for publication.
- Designing logos for events and programs.